Financial modeling is a departure point from valuation in that it helps to provide us with predicative assessment of what our target company would look like under particular transaction. Modeling is a crucial step in making informed investment decisions that can have a huge financial impact on companies. By attending this course, you will be able to effectively prepare, analyze and interpret financial models in corporate finance and mergers and acquisitions.
• Gain an introductory understanding of integrated financial statement modeling
• Learn to how to forecast projections
• Become familiar with cash sweep modeling
• Acquire the ability to prepare, analyze and interpret financial models
• Construct forecasted financial statement models and perform sensitivity analysis
• Develop or improve Excel skills while learning different modeling techniques
• The mix of basic valuation techniques & applications provided in this seminar will appeal to a widely diverse audience.
• Equity research analysts, who are interested in examining alternatives to the multiples that they use or the linkage to discounted cash flow models
• Corporate financial officers, who want to understand the details of valuation, either because they are planning acquisitions or are interested in value enhancement strategies for their firms
• Analysts involved in mergers and acquisitions, who would like to acquire a wider repertoire of valuation skills
• Portfolio Managers who are interested in the effects of corporate restructuring on firm value, and the implications for portfolio management.
• Anyone interested in valuation
Rick is an experienced Wall Street and Silicon Valley investment banker based in Asia. Having completed over 50 transactions totaling over US$10 Billion and having covered a broad base of fundraising and M&A advisory assignments across the globe, he has worked with a wide range of clients from Fortune 500 companies to advising start-ups. His industry experience covers chemicals, transportation, telecom, media, technology, retailing, consumer products, and security and defense industries.
He is the founder of Lares Loreno Private Capital, a Singapore-based firm providing advisory and corporate finance services to small and medium-sized enterprises, family businesses and private equity investors. Rick is also a director with Fortress Group, a US-based fund placement agent and oversees their fund placement operations in Asia.
Previously, Rick was a Vice President at Deutsche Bank in their Consumer Products and Retail Coverage Group in New York where he called on and worked with corporate and private equity clients globally.