Structuring and Negotiation of M&A and PE Deals - 8th December | Bengaluru
This one day programme will create a solid understanding of the documentary processes relating to PE/VC and M&A transactions, identifying commercial issues and producing clear instructions to lawyers and executives involved. It will also help in equipping with the technicalities involved in clear and well thought out term-sheet negotiation, proper deal structuring know-how to maximise returns and unambiguous deal documentation to avoid pitfalls and will enhance your deal-making skills that you can immediately put into practice.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
- Corporate / Commercial Lawyers
- VPs and Managers from Legal Department
- Managing Directors and Senior Management
- CFOs and Senior Finance Executive
- Executives of M&A Team
- Directors of Strategic Planning
- Contract Managers / Specialists
WHY YOU SHOULD ATTEND:
- Get the inside track and experienced know-how
- Learn critical principals of negotiating and drafting
- Avoid damaging and costly mistakes when drafting your agreements
- Develop creative, effective and bulletproof documents
- Understand how to translate the “deal” to paper while avoiding becoming a convict of forms
- Anticipate and prevent future conflicts through good drafting
- Receive valuable and useful take-away: precedents, checklists, model agreements
• Planning and conducting agreement negotiation – Key principles of negotiation
• Interest-based bargaining – Understanding the needs of negotiating parties
• Risk Sharing – Determining the rights and obligation of parties
• Are PEs tough negotiators? How does one get the best from negotiating with a PE?
• How can PEs maximise the opportunity and get a good deal for themselves
• Common mistakes
• Pre and Post closing Cooperation
• Common legal issues (PE, VC and M&A)
• Enforceability & pitfalls
• Subscription agreements:
i Conditions precedents
ii Representations and warranties
iii Due diligence and discovered liabilities
v Limitation of Liability
vi Terms of issue of securities such as dividend, liquidation preference, terms of conversion etc.
• Shareholder Agreements:
i Board rights
ii Veto rights
iii Restrictions on transfer of securities – ROFO/ROFR/Tag/ Lock ins
iv Exit rights – IPO, third party sale, put option, buyback, drag rights
• Things to do to achieve good contract
• Review of essential documents
• Deal structuring framework
• Financial structure
• Due Diligence
• Risk assessment
• Debt financing
• Interim liquidity
• Eventual exit
• Case studies
• Structuring prior to actual investment
• Structuring during the term of investment
• Structuring the exit
MEET OUR EXPERTS
Santosh is a Director in the Transaction Tax Services division of Ernst & Young and is based in Bangalore, India. He is a Fellow Member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India and Licentiate Member of the Institute of Company Secretaries of India. He has over 12 years of experience and more than 8 years in the area of Corporate re-organization, inbound and outbound structuring advisory, conducting tax due diligences, advisory on various M&A activity including buy back, capital reduction etc.
- He has been part of more than hundred tax due diligence exercise in various sectors including IT, hospitality, hotels, catering, auto components and other sectors.
- He has also been part of regulatory, tax, financial and business advisory related to group re-organization and restructuring activity.
- He has handled mergers, de-mergers across seven states in India. His experience includes advising on transaction structuring including mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, corporate restructuring, foreign investment consulting, tax due diligence and inbound acquisitions;
- Has experience on restructuring services include realignment and rationalization of organizational structure in tax and regulatory efficient manner.
- Has extensive experience in advising clients in the areas of acquisitions, divestments, mergers, demergers, corporate restructuring, reorganizations, foreign investment consulting/ establishment of joint ventures, international tax (including PE advisory), corporate tax and business re-organization.
- Advised various Private equity players on their transaction and investment structures, withholding tax issues , Tax NOC s etc.
Mr. Vaibhav Parikh is the Partner in – charge of the Bangalore office of the multi-skilled, research-based international law firm, Nishith Desai Associates (www.nishithdesai.com). He is Partner in-charge of the M&A and Private Equity practice groups. He also heads the Fund Investments practice group. He is a member of firm’s executive committee. He has a wide range of experience in corporate and technology transactions. He has advised several private equity and venture capital funds in their investments, specifically in e-commerce, technology, media and life sciences industry. He also has significant experience in M&A transactions including advising on India’s largest e-commerce transaction till date. He has been passionately involved in setting up operations and raising finance for several start-up companies. He is actively involved in the Intellectual Property Practice and is in charge of industry focus group for IT, Telecom, and Media. He has advised many leading Indian e-commerce companies in their operations from a legal and regulatory stand point. He has been nominated as one of Leading Lawyer in Private Equity Practice by IFLR1000 in the year 2013. He has also been nominated as one of the world’s leading practitioners in ‘Who’s Who Legal’ for Regulatory Communications. He is recommended by Legal 500 as an expert in TMT and competition law in 2014. He has been ranked number one for TMT by Chambers and Partners in 2015. Vaibhav Parikh is regularly sought after for his extensive experience in advising on technology matters, with an emphasis on corporate transactions. He has authored several papers and lectured at several prestigious gatherings on a worldwide basis. He has also been acknowledged as a ‘Highly Recommended Lawyer’ for Outsourcing, and Telecom and IT and ‘Recommended Lawyer’ for Intellectual Property by the PLC Which Lawyer? 2009. He has represented NASSCOM at a WTO symposium at Geneva for presenting a paper on ‘Movement of Natural Persons’ in 2001. He is a Charter Member of TiE, Bangalore Chapter and is also on the executive council of the Franchising Association of India.
The Chancerey Pavillion
Fee Details Bengaluru:
Standard Fee : INR 15,000 plus taxes (per delegate)
Early bird discount : INR 12,000 plus taxes (per delegate) (Valid till 1st Dec)
Group discount (for 3 or more delegate) : INR 10,000 plus taxes (per delegate)
In case of queries, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call on +91 9650920078
BANK A/C DETAILS FOR – CHEQUE,CASH AND NEFT PAYMENT
Account name: I-Deals Network Pvt. Ltd.
Account no: 629705016365
Branch Name: Mayur Vihar Branch
IFSC Code: ICIC0006297